Today’s the day! We’re flying to Fargo, ND this morning, which is Jonny’s hometown. We’re going to spend a couple days there for his cousin’s wedding, and then load up the cars with coolers and floaties and lots of La Croix for a week at the lake in Minnesota. Apparently in that part of the Midwest, pretty much everyone spends a good chunk of their summers at their respective lake houses or family lake cabins. This isn’t something I grew up with in Nashville, but I am HERE for it.
So basically, I’ll be spending a solid week lying on the dock, drinking frose, and reading. Between naps, Trivial Pursuit, and sailing, that is. So, today’s Friday Favorites is all about the lake vacation.
Here are a few of my favorite things from this week around Nashville and the internet:
- I bought these polarized sunglasses on Prime Day in anticipation of being on the water, and they are AMAZING. So comfortable, and the polarization is great, too. And they’re on sale!
- My favorite Madewell shorts this summer… also on sale! I promise I didn’t plan this. Just the lake gods smiling down on my online shopping.
- Although I’ll probably be resurrecting last year’s pineapple float if I can squeeze it into my suitcase, I’m all about this rainbow one this year.
- I tried making this recipe for watermelon mint frose this weekend with my family and it was a huge hit! I changed it up… a lot. I added about two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and about two tablespoons of simple syrup, and left out the mint. And added fresh basil leaves. So… not the same recipe at all, but it sparked the idea for my cocktail!
- To keep that cocktail cold, I love these Swig insulated wine cups. I bought them as bridesmaids’ gifts for my bachelorette trip to Charleston last September, and love them. I bought two to keep, and I use them all the time to keep wine cold when I’m sitting on the porch. They’re great for beach days/lake days!
- This sun hat arrived in the mail just in time for our trip, so we’ll see how it does keeping my redheaded fair self from getting sunburnt.
- The one and only Kokos ice cream: plant based (read: dairy free so I can eat it!) and tastes incredible. They’re local to Nashville and only serving out of their Skoop Shop in West Nashville but are working on expanding to grocery stores.
- This dress is giving me major Mrs. Maisel in the Catskills vibes.
- I love this circle towel for laying out on the dock or the beach.
- At the end of last month, it was the end of an era. July 31st was International Market’s last day of business. Blvd (same owners and across the street from IM) is closing as well, and they’re planning on re-opening Blvd with lots of the Nashville native staples we all love from International Market.
I hope you all enjoy your weeks, whether they’re at home or on vacation!